Choosing gutters for your home can be downright confusing and you may be wondering why you need them. The truth is you do want gutters on your home to protect the aesthetics and structure of your property. Once you know you need gutters, then you have to decide, seamless or seamed gutters.
- Seamed or sectional gutters use small sections of gutter which are fastened at the “seams” thus the name. These gutters are less expensive and easy to install.
- Seamless gutters are designed and formed, often onsite, with a specialized machine so the only joints are at your home’s exterior corners. Seamless gutters are more costly but offer numerous benefits as a result.
Here are the benefits of seamless gutters versus others to help you make the best decision for your home.
The Benefits of Seamless Gutters
- An Ideal Fit – Seamless gutters are designed exclusively for your home, which means they fit perfectly. A perfect fit means better performance and function overall.
- Virtually Maintenance Free – Seamless gutters, which are nearly joint free, require less maintenance. The lack of joints means debris can’t readily accumulate as it does in seamed gutters. This fact also makes them less attractive to woodland creatures looking for a new homesite. The result, you’ll spend a lot less time on cleaning and maintenance of seamless gutters.
- Less Clogs, Less Backups – You’ve seen it, water overflowing from clogged or backed-up gutters at the joints and seams of sectional gutters. These seams allow leaves, twigs, pine needles, acorns, and other waste to gather inside the gutter creating other issues. When these blockages grow, the gutter system can no longer flush them out, and damage often results. Seamless gutters are much less likely to have clogs or backups as there are no seams to allow debris to gather and cause a clog.
- Less Likely Leaks – Seamed gutters can lead at the joints where the sections meet. Leakage results in widening of seams, holes forming, and rust developing. Seamless gutters have limited joints, thus less opportunity for leaks, rust, and damage to your gutter system.
- Added Curb Appeal – Seamless gutters deliver an extra measure of curb appeal to your home which can last for a lifetime. More aesthetically pleasing than seamed gutters, seamless gutters can be made of aluminum, copper, or steel. In many instances they can even be painted to match the exterior of your home or be designed with an enamel finish which doesn’t require painting and lasts for many years.
A Final Comparison – Seamless vs. Seamed Gutters
When you have questions about the type of gutters you need, an experienced team like The Guru Gutter Guys can deliver answers and solutions just right for your home. Let’s review seamless versus seamed gutters.
Seamed gutters are designed in sections which are assembled onsite and sealed or soldered at each joint or seam. They are available in steel, aluminum, vinyl, and copper:
- Steel is the strongest option, though it is prone to rust with moisture. Copper and aluminum offer strength but are impervious to rust.
- Aluminum is available in a number of colors, which means no painting is required.
- Vinyl is another popular choice, which doesn’t rust or require painting, but is prone to cracking due to extremes in temperature and warping from heavy rain. Seamed gutters are less costly than seamless gutters
Seamless gutters are stronger than seamed gutters. They are less likely to become clogged or leak. Seamless gutters are offered in the same material options as seamed gutters but are not sectioned. They are created on site from sheets of your chosen material and only have joints at corners and downspouts. Seamless gutters are more costly but offer the promise of less maintenance and longer life than seamed gutters, allowing you to recoup the initial cost over time.
Call on The Guru Gutter Guys
The Guru Gutter Guys are a division of The Solar Guys founded in 2001 to meet the demand for quality products and exceptional services. We provide premium quality seamless gutters throughout Ocala and The Villages with the promise of outstanding quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction.
Let us help you choose the ideal seamless gutters for your home. Call us today at 1-866-636-6786.